Thursday, June 05, 2008

What Did You Do Today?

I had an interview today - my first in about 8 years. I interviewed for a supervisor position at the HAC (where I work now). I was really amazed that I even made the cert. My KSAs (essays on knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to certain requirements for the job) were hastily thrown together, and I honestly wasn't sure that I was interested in holding a supervisory position. Ken was very supportive of me going for it. He believes I would make a great supervisor. I'm not sure if that's because I'm usually supervising at home while he does all the work!

At any rate, I thought the interview went extremely well from my perspective. I don't believe I sold them on selecting me so much as I met most of my goals for interviewing. I looked pretty good, I was able to speak somewhat intelligently for at least 90% of the interview, and I believe I did the appropriate level of self-promotion without over-stating or sounding too boastful. I'm am usually reluctant to take much credit onto myself. But I felt that I made it clear I have a strong work-ethic, and that I have the drive to do the job. The rest is all up to them. I've done all I can do to this point; some I did well, some not so well. It will likely be the end of June or early July before I hear.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home